If you have the title of journalist, interview various people. Most people always show confidence. When asked, give a positive answer. Yes, I am ready, I can, I will like. Sometimes I am excited to introduce my work as a child. I am confident in my efforts and time. Therefore, most interviews are conducted in a very bright environment.
On the other hand, the Icarus update interview conducted this time was a little unfamiliar atmosphere. Usually, large-scale updates are put on the front, and they will actively explain and reveal new contents and new systems that they have prepared. But the Icarus development team did not. It does not mean that you were not yourself. The word of a word was deliberate and humble. I was caught up in confusion. I do not know if this expression is right, but I was carrying poison.
From the left ▲ Jang Seok-young Planning Team Leader, Ngoil Il PD, Jeon Young-ho Graphic Team Leader
This update is the first button on Icarus 3.0 .
There is no development without self reflection. These knew for sure. Icarus 2.0, about a year and a half ago, was said to be "stuck with conscience." From the standpoint of the development team, I was not ready. The publicity is too much compared to the preparation. He complained that he had come down with something that was not perfect. And the price was harsh. It was said that the users had to carry the fatigue as it was when they put out the game which runs only in front and lacked the completeness.
A new numbering of 3.0. It was a new resolution of the development team. He said he had prepared a 3.0 update from January this year. In the meantime, many important decisions have been made. In particular, we delayed the update cycle to once every two weeks. I wanted to get rid of the stigma of 'Barkarus'. Developers can also think once more and worry if there is room for time. Quality is important, but more important is the failure rate. When a failure occurs, both the users and the development team are under great stress.
In fact, the rate of failure has fallen dramatically after adjusting the schedule. There was no provisional check up after the period was over. "We made a bold decision, but it was a moment of positive change," said Nguyen PD, who oversees development.
"At the time, I did a lot of publicity on 2.0, but when I saw it from the development team, I think I was not prepared enough. Compared to that, there seemed to be a bigger publicity, and there was a point of conscience. I want to make it up to 3.0. "
Icarus is an old game. Service was over three years and development was ten years. Graphics and UI did not match the latest trends. To remind us, there was a 'remnant of the past'. There was a self-reflection that the UI and graphics of the game being served in 2017 were old-age.
The longer the service, the more complex the UI. It is inevitable that new features are added and there is more to express. The direction of improvement was clear. 'Simple'. Icarus removes unnecessary parts and adjusts the interface position and size to ensure visibility. It is the goal of the development team to simplify and ultimately make the UI free when starting the game.
The graphics also turned from fantasy to glory. In particular, he expressed his devotion to the expression of the textures. If metal is metal, if it is leather, it will get a feeling of down leather.
Icarus 3.0 is a long term project. Everything does not change at once. The time may be long, but slowly, and surely one step is taking. In the meantime, I just ran to see you. I could not afford to look back. There were many things that I felt sorry for. There were many things to fix. I wanted to fix the first impression of the game, and I wanted to improve the areas with high fatigue. I hold old bugs and try to reinforce the missing parts. It is the goal of the development team to simplify and ultimately make the UI free when starting the game. The graphics also turned from fantasy style to realism. In particular, he expressed his devotion to the expression of the textures. If metal is metal, if it is leather, it will get a feeling of down leather. Icarus 3.0 is a long term project. Everything does not change at once. The time may be long, but slowly, and surely one step is taking. In the meantime, I just ran to see you. I could not afford to look back. There were many things that I felt sorry for. There were many things to fix. I wanted to fix the first impression of the game, and I wanted to improve the areas with high fatigue. I hold old bugs and try to reinforce the missing parts. It is the goal of the development team to simplify and ultimately make the UI free when starting the game. The graphics also turned from fantasy to glory. In particular, he expressed his devotion to the expression of the textures. If metal is metal, if it is leather, it will get a feeling of down leather. Icarus 3.0 is a long term project. Everything does not change at once. The time may be long, but slowly, and surely one step is taking. In the meantime, I just ran to see you. I could not afford to look back. There were many things that I felt sorry for. There were many things to fix. I wanted to fix the first impression of the game, and I wanted to improve the areas with high fatigue. I hold old bugs and try to reinforce the missing parts.
Screenshots of graphical enhancements with well-textured leather
What is important in transformation? Timing .
Frankly when I heard that the second awakening was a transformation, I was a little embarrassed. I heard the idea that the idea was gone badly. But when I heard the story, I had enough trouble. There was also a setting that did not deviate much from the world view. What remained was a matter of how to provide this.
In the past, there was a concept of awakening. But the difficulty was significant. To be precise, there was 'fatigue' rather than difficulty. The road to awakening was long and difficult. I tried, but the fruit was not so sweet. It was just a process, but it was not enough in many ways to make it a goal. Noguil PD commented, "It was not perfect."
Jang Seok-young, the head of the team, said, "It is important to know when to use the awakening transformation. When I transformed, I was able to put a deal without thinking. " Arousal gauges are proportional to battle time. Now it takes about 15 minutes to fill it to the end. Timing is important as time is long. Both PvP and PvE are the same.
"I originally used a way to fill arousal gauges in proportion to the attacking bats. So I have a problem with certain classes, such as the Guardian and the Rangers. So I modified it to fill the gauge in proportion to battle time. "
Screen shot after awakening
The general appearance of awakening transformation by occupation is similar. I simply worked on integrating the class as a whole and making sure the various elements fit into each job. But it is not exactly the same. Depending on the job, the attacking motion is changed. The transformation duration is about 30 seconds. When you transform, you will use a single attack button to pour the combo skill. It is possible to do dealing without thinking. The concept is clear when you look at the transformed images that are released from the second teaser image. Timing is a strategy.
Story settings are also available. It is set to accept a hero who sealed a new raid 'Yatuman'. It seems like there is a slight deterrent, but I can admit it. The method of obtaining arousal is also very easy. There is a reflection on last awakening. Anyone can attain Awakening by attaining only 70 levels. However, in order to differentiate in playtime, we divided the transformation stages into five. The higher the stage, the stronger the appearance.
As the new awakening comes, it is said that the awakening of the previous stage will also be reorganized. It is a direction to improve accessibility. It is said that the purpose of this reorganization is to twist the arousal process complexly to improve the fatigue area and make it accessible to everyone.
Jang Seok-young, the head of the team, said, "You can change at any time." It means that the parts that have a direct influence on the transformation time, the gauge required for transformation, and the performance can be modified according to the user feedback. He continued to emphasize 'timing'. Transformation is powerful. There is a power to change the situation. But it is not often used. It's important to know when to use transforms and when to make an explosive deal.
It is said that the achievement level of 5 is expected to be 5 to 6 months. Of course, users are always ahead of expectations, so the timing of the user to achieve a five-step transformation at a much faster time.
Icarus was not a good match for Doc .
When asked about the level expansion and level up, Noguil PD said, "I really reflected a lot." Level 67 was okay for hardcore users, but users who did not like it were blocked in Doksa section. So I put a lot of quests and I tried a lot of effort, but I did not achieve the results.
Jang Seok-young, director of the 70-level expansion and level-up method, said, "We have greatly reduced the duration of the Docsa section and replaced it with Quest." Increased the experience of the monster experience rather than the quest experience, so you can feel the fun of hunting. The changes are not just extended sections. 67 levels of daily quests and sub quests in a large amount to fill the gap. 67 to 69 levels to the main quest to be able to upload. Certainly, the level-up fatigue is less than in the past.
"Our game has learned a lesson that Doc does not fit. I thought I would not repeat that mistake in the future. "
In order to prevent monstrosity, it must be indon .
The field raid monopoly problem that anyone can attack is not the problem of Icarus alone. If you have a game with similar concepts, it's a one-time thing. If a certain guild or group of monsters are infested, other users are deprived of opportunity, which naturally leads to differences in specs. There was a voice of the user about this. In fact, when a new raid was released through the developer notes, some opinions were expressed about the fear of being solitary by a certain guild.
It was a way to solve the poisoning. Everyone can participate once a day. The maximum number is 10 people, one engineering college. The level of difficulty is only 7 ~ 8 levels of the Red Revolution, but the actual difficulty level will be lower because the number of participants is different. The entrance area is the northern site of the Brahkar forest, and the level is limited to the 70 level.
At 'Yatuman' Reid, Ikaru's problem awareness and solutions were contained. The first is 'the pleasure of pursuing.' In fact, until now, the concept of raid has been strong in the press. On the other hand, Yatouman reinforced the pattern of monsters so that they could find the key points of the attack. Not only that. Master level difficulty was prepared to allow the upper user to enjoy enough.
But the pattern should not be complicated. It should be woven properly. In fact, the newly added revolutionary new nominee boss exhibition was a problem because the distance class was too favorable. It is because efficiency is too low for close-ups to beat bosses through complex patterns. Jang Seok-young, the head of the team, said, "The role of each class should be clear for each phase. We are structured so that as many classes as possible can participate. "
It is not simply a change of area. If you make it inert, you can throw it to any field. There was also a serious consideration of the game. There was a shift from field to dungeon, as the game had a fundamental question about the concept of waiting for raid spawn time in an increasingly lit situation. This Yatuman Raid is the starting point. Existing raids will also be revised gradually.
At Yatumanalade you can meet a new chimera-style 70th-level legendary fellow "Baltroew". The stats are higher than the existing ones because the level is 70. However, the characteristics of this fellow are not their abilities. It is in a special passive skill that can help you reach the Yatuman Raid. Decreases the abilities of nearby enemies, has a certain probability of attacking the buff skill, and special passive, you can see better effects in Yatumann field or in. Of course, acquisition is difficult. Only Yatu who can enter once a day drop the key material of the token. The team anticipated that it would take about a week to produce the token. At Yatumanalade you can meet a new chimera-style 70th-level legendary fellow "Baltroew". The stats are higher than the existing ones because the level is 70. However, the characteristics of this fellow are not their abilities. It is in a special passive skill that can help you reach the Yatuman Raid. Decreases the abilities of nearby enemies, has a certain probability of attacking the buff skill, and special passive, you can see better effects in Yatumann field or in. Of course, acquisition is difficult. Only Yatu who can enter once a day drop the key material of the token. The team anticipated that it would take about a week to produce the token. At Yatumanalade you can meet a new chimera-style 70th-level legendary fellow "Baltroew". The stats are higher than the existing ones because the level is 70. However, the characteristics of this fellow are not their abilities. It is in a special passive skill that can help you reach the Yatuman Raid. Decreases the abilities of nearby enemies, has a certain probability of attacking the buff skill, and special passive, you can see better effects in Yatumann field or in. Of course, acquisition is difficult. Only Yatu who can enter once a day drop the key material of the token. The team anticipated that it would take about a week to produce the token.
▲ The appearance of a new fellow Matsue Baltoway
Big picture of in-house compensation adjustment, game reorganization
Recently, Dungeon Compensation Revision plan was announced through developer notes. It was intended to use compensation from low level dungeons to high level dungeons by dividing the rewards by dungeon level. In response, Nogyil PD said, "I still think it might be greedy." The goal is to improve the situation where the user is forced to use only the top content even though there is a lot of content that can be enjoyed in the game.
Existing compensation was a sort of 'comprehensive gift set'. You can get everything you want by moving the dungeon once. The levels were different, but the components were the same. As a result, it was not necessary to have a subordinate when turning around, and it was difficult for subordinate users to enter the upper level.
40 level dungeons can be played with enough basic equipment. You can earn gold by getting Elora and Alsatian equipment and buffing ingredients in sequence. This means that high-level users and low-level users will share the rewards and form a community while the upper-level user and the lower-level user go through the same dungeon. The equipment and materials obtained from the sub-dungeon are the foundation of the upper dungeon.
Raid reward is like a dungeon. I filled each of the various components with valuable items. In general difficulty, you can get accessory set items that are the core of master level difficulty. In addition, the production complexity of the theme will be significantly reduced. This is to encourage the production of inheritance as well as the general production. I feel that I have been careful in many ways for successive growth.
"You do not have to be so complicated. If you give it as a quest, give it as a coupon, and give it as a gift, it is easy to spec up.
But the most exciting thing is that I'm not going to grow up in succession. " Other raids do not know when the order will be, but they can be either in-dungeon or field raid. With this update, an awakening raid will begin as an event, and some raids will drop items with very high value.
Dungeons and raids are not the only content scheduled for reorganization. Revisions to "unmanaged content" will follow in the footsteps of previous developer notes. In the planning team, it is said that the priority order is 'guild content'. Jeong Seok-young, the head of the team, said that there was no guilt attendance check and that the rewards had changed a few times, but that it did not make a decisive contribution to the community's revitalization.
The second is PvP content. As battlefields and scrambles have become spec-oriented battles, it has become difficult for new users to enter. The next update will show the possibility, add random matching in the long term, and open the on / offline contest to collect users' attention again. Dungeons and raids are not the only content scheduled for reorganization. Revisions to "unmanaged content" will follow in the footsteps of previous developer notes. In the planning team, it is said that the priority order is 'guild content'. Jeong Seok-young, the head of the team, said that there was no guilt attendance check and that the rewards had changed a few times, but that it did not make a decisive contribution to the community's revitalization. The second is PvP content. As battlefields and scrambles have become spec-oriented battles, it has become difficult for new users to enter. The next update will show the possibility, add random matching in the long term, and open the on / offline contest to collect users' attention again. Dungeons and raids are not the only content scheduled for reorganization. Revisions to "unmanaged content" will follow in the footsteps of previous developer notes. In the planning team, it is said that the priority order is 'guild content'. Jeong Seok-young, the head of the team, said that there was no guilt attendance check and that the rewards had changed a few times, but that it did not make a decisive contribution to the community's revitalization. The second is PvP content. As battlefields and scrambles have become spec-oriented battles, it has become difficult for new users to enter. The next update will show the possibility, add random matching in the long term, and open the on / offline contest to collect users' attention again.
▲ Reorganized main UI
PvP should be fun with character balance .
"I depend on specs, depend on specific skill, and the invincibility is so severe that the battle is flowing loosely," said Noryuil PD, who evaluated Icarus' PvP. The character's specs have a lot of updates, so they have stronger attack power and battle power, but the PvP balance is not enough for them. In the event of a melee battle, they had to fight each other, but at the moment of crisis, a certain skill would shine and they would have to reverse or engage with class characteristics.
Inside the development team, we talked with the planning team and the development team about the improvement of PvP. I make a bulletin board on the official homepage and hear various opinions. In fact, it is easy to see the story of Ejaran, the Archean lawless area and the special fellow, which were popular among the past users. Noguil PD said, "If you are in the same spec-oriented battle now, you have to add such a factor, but there are only side effects," he said.
"First of all, you should be able to hear that the 1: 1 battle is fun. I think that it is the right order to improve the content by first laying out the basics so that reversals and variables can work in combat. "
" I also heard that the character balance is also a problem with PvP . " Right now, this update does not include the relevant content, but balance TF will be configured separately to solve the problem. However, since the balance problem is sensitive to actual gameplay, we talked to the users through the developer notes, saying that they would reduce the temperature difference and form a consensus.
▲ Brackar Forest changed
What I learned from overseas service experience, I will show you all this time.
Currently, Icarus is in service in North America, Japan and Russia. Taiwan is also contracted and service will start as soon as possible. Foreign markets are clearly different from Korea. I have experience that can only be gained there. "There have been various improvements based on the experience gained in foreign servers," said Nogyil PD. One of them is the UI that changes this time. The new UI for Korean Icarus 3.0 is similar to that of Russian servers. But it is not exactly the same. This is because some modifications have been made to reflect the modifications and own feedback from the Russian servers. Not only this. The action mode, which was popular in the US, is also reflected in the 3.0 update. From big changes to very small effects, Icarus is an intensely intensive form of Icarus around the world. A new area, 'Magmafora', where volcanic eruptions are frequent, will be added in December. It is a region closely related to the 'Crokun people' who are preparing for a new race. In addition, it will add content related to the area as well as the Tower of Desert - Challenge of Immortality. Invasion events are also under consideration when monsters come into town at certain times. But to do that, we have to deal with the challenges one by one. Noguil PD, Jeong Seok-young, and Jeong Yeong-ho, the graphic team leader, interviewed, said that Icarus 3.0 was 'homework'. It's just the beginning. He was willing to fill in the deficit and polish and wipe out the excellent parts to make it a new game. I am working hard to satisfy new, returning, and existing users, and have worked hard enough to feel like playing a new game. "Why do not you have any publicity about this massive update?" "It's not like there was a press conference, a user conference, or a big interview. But I did not want to hustle. Now I want to show it in action. " Icarus, who has returned to his new state after experiencing the preliminary heat from home and abroad. I am expecting that I will be able to take off my stigma of the past and stand firmly as soon as I have worked hard.official site